Join The Dana Barrett Show Book Club! Our first meeting will be August 4th at South City Kitchen Vinings and our first book pick is THE AGE OF CONTEXT by Robert Scoble and Shel Israel. Click here for more information: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/
In the guest chair:
Donna was a News Anchor for the CBS affiliate in Syracuse, NY for 13 years and now teaches engineers how to communicate as well as speaking to companies and organiaztions about the power of good communication.
“As human beings we have an amazing ability to hear something but not listen to it.”-Dana Barrett
“The only thing worse than meetings are meetings about meetings.”-Donna Adamo
“10% of disagreements are due to what is said and the other 90% are due to the tone in which it is said.”-Donna Adamo
“If every company had a line on their spread sheet about poor communication and it’s impact they would be shocked.”-Donna Adamo
“We are so hyper-connected that we are disconnecting with each other.”-Donna Adamo
“The biggest mistake we make in communications is that we don’t listen.”-Donna Adamo
“Both speaking and writing are huge issues that we aren’t really taught in school.”-Dana Barrett
In the headlines:
- The new Braves stadium is still a point of contention for some Cobb County residents. 14 of them have filed challenges to the $400 million bond referendum and 9 of the 14 were present for a six hour hearing this past weekend.
- Clayton County is getting serious about getting MARTA. If it happens, they will be the first new county to participate in MARTA in 40 years.
- Two Atlanta families are among the wealthiest in America – the Cox family and the Rollins family. Jealous. Don’t be.
- And since it’s Women on Wednesday – we’ve got an update on a couple of sexual harassment and discrimination cases we’ve been following on the show
- And the mobile wallet company Isis has a branding problem thanks to the terrorist group with the same name.