In the guest chair:
Dana had a full studio this morning as Tony Potts (Founding Partner with SierraMaya360), Chad Osgood (Founder and CEO of Premier Logic) and Khalil McDaniel (Owner and Brand Artisan at McDaniel Brand Group) joined her to talk Atlanta venture capital, brand identity and the Silicon South.
SierraMaya360 is a full-service venture capital firm focusing on early-stage companies, investing in cutting-edge technology and reaching into mobile, e-commerce, media, entertainment, gaming, healthcare IT, software and consumer goods startups.
Premier Logic integrates business, creative and technology services to help corporate entrepreneurs and other visionaries who are launching new products, new markets or new business initiatives. To attend Premier Logic’s Brewing Minds event TONIGHT at 5 Seasons Brewery North in Alpharetta, visit: http://bit.ly/1FDMJR9.
The McDaniel Brand Group is a team of brand artisans focusing on entrepreneurs and small businesses, establishing their brand to help them grow into larger companies.
In the headlines:
- The Atlanta Hawks will be unveiling the new statue of former star player, Dominique Wilkins in early March during a private ceremony.
- Buckhead Atlanta developer, OliverMcMillan may be planning a new office tower right next to their new “Buckhead Atlanta” development. It will be on the site of the old Hi-Fi Buys store which is currently kind of an eyesore. Just sayin’. Good news for Buckhead.
- A new report by PC World magazine has 5 suggestions for customers of the recently hacked Anthem. And Dana thinks they’re really weird suggestions:
1. Visit AnthemFact.com FAQ for current information about the data breach
2. Take advantage of free credit monitoring
3. Use your free annual credit report
4. Monitor your children
5. Be alert when filing income taxes
- Powerball advertising is kind of a tease. If you won last night’s jackpot, you wouldn’t have gotten $500 million like the billboard said… you’d only get $388 mil. Darn. Think of all the shoes Dana could buy with that extra cash.
- Delta is not putting customers first with their latest move in the Frequent Flyer front. They have removed the awards charts from their website and say if you want to book a rewards flight, you just have to go through the booking process and see if you have enough. Dana’s take? Lame!(She misses AirTran).
Get the inside scoop on Amazon and how founder, Jeff Bezos took the online company from bookseller to a store with limitless selection. Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of THE EVERYTHING STORE: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon by Brad Stone on Monday, March 9th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.