In the guest chair:
Dirk Ebener, CEO of Global CIF, LLC and Kids Business Expo, joined Dana live in studio to discuss getting kids and young entrepreneurs involved in business. He has been involved in the global consulting, trade show, and event management business for over 20 years. He has worked in over 20 countries around the world and launched trade shows in 6 countries.
Global CIF is a global consulting and trade show management company, helping clients around the world reach new domestic and global markets. They connect markets and companies within their network and help them to expand their business.
In the headlines:
- The Braves have begun selling season ticket packages to the new SunTrust Park!
- Also on the subject of sports… Did you catch the whole World Cup – FIFA Soccer scandal? Corruption, bribery, yada, yada… Apparently there are people being punished all over the place, but the sponsors don’t really care.
- Big private gifts have helped the Atlanta Beltline reach an important milestone. A gift of nearly $600,000 from Delta Air Lines Inc. CEO Richard Anderson and his wife, Susan, helped close out the $12.5 million campaign to fund the Atlanta BeltLine’s Westside Trail. The private fundraising campaign was crucial in securing an $18 million TIGER V grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation, which is accelerating construction on the Westside Trail by two to three years.
- Taco Bell and Pizza Hut are making some healthy(ish) changes to their menu. The calories and fat aren’t changing, but they will be eliminating artificial coloring from their food. What color really is the Taco Bell cheese sauce?
- Gwinnett has approved a massive mixed-use development despite pushback from area residents.
- Southern Co. has teamed up with Tesla to test commercial-scale battery storage.
Join us on June 8th for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Our June selection is GOOD TO GREAT by Jim Collins. If you’ve been meaning to read this for years, now’s your chance! Or, if you read it years ago, time to refresh! Location TBD. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.