In the guest chair:
Chrissy Liu, Founder & CEO of 2MAVEN, joined Dana in studio to discuss the business of fashion and how a personal shopper can help you focus more on business and less on what to wear.
2MAVEN is an online personal shopping service dedicated to helping the everyday man achieve his best via their online questionnaire and personal shoppers that deliver clothes right to your door.
In the headlines:
- Amazon Prime Now has come to Atlanta. The service, only available using a mobile app, can get you one-hour delivery on tens of thousands of daily essentials for $7.99 and two-hour delivery for free!
- The Rolling Stones are set to play Atlanta’s Bobby Dodd stadium June 9th as part of their ZIP CODE TOUR. Tickets go on sale April 13 at 10 am.
- Could Georgia be home to another big car company? Looks like Volvo is considering our state for a new $500 million plant. But they are looking at other Southeastern states as well… so it’s a long way from being a done deal.
- Metro Atlanta’s newest movie studio will be the first major project at the site of the former GM plant in Doraville. The Doraville site now has a name… “Assembly” and the new movie studios, called “Third Rail Studios” will be built on a six-acre section of the 165-acre development.
- A Chicago area business has refused to sell the SweetWater brew called “Happy Ending” due to what a store manager says is “sexist, borderline racist” artwork on the bottle. It’s an interesting case (no pun intended) about how subtle some kinds of bias can be.
- Google could be looking at taking some space in the newly renovated Ponce City Market. Urvash at the Business Chronicle says the company “is in talks to lease office space at Ponce City Market,” according to his sources. And they are also reported to be seeking “data center and warehouse space around metro Atlanta.”
Can we really get more done with less? Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club as we discuss ZILCH: THE POWER OF ZERO IN BUSINESS by Nancy Lublin on Monday, April 20th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
Help us #NameThePenguin! Send in your suggestions via Twitter @DanaHBarrett and @biz1190. We’ll announce the winning name on April 25 for World Penguin Day. Want to know the story? Listen here: http://bit.ly/1C2EAlc.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.