In the guest chair:
Serial entrepreneur and regular show contributor, Eric V. Holtzclaw (Laddering Works) joined us in the studio to chat budgeting, forecasting and why luck has nothing to do with the success of your business.
Laddering Works was founded by Eric to educate clients on the “whys” of business: why customers buy, why teams work and the “entrepreneurial why.” As Chief Strategist, Eric guides start-up businesses on the path to professionally managed.
In the headlines:
- The Atlanta Streetcar opening has been delayed again. This time over safety concerns raised by the Federal Transit Administration.
- The new Cobb County Braves Stadium has officially scared away a neighbor. Genuine Parts Company, (best know for their Napa Auto Parts brand) is officially moving from their current location next to the new stadium project.
- Zappos is giving brick and mortar shopping a try this holiday season with a pop-up shop in Vegas open 24/7.
- The ginormous new Restoration Hardware store has opened in Buckhead. But the Perimeter store has now closed.
- Fashion Designer, Rebecca Minkoff has opened a super high tech store in Manhattan and Dana thinks it’s a genius idea!
- For those of you who want to defile Thanksgiving by shopping, be glad you don’t live in Massachusetts, Maine or Rhode Island where it is illegal for stores to be open on Turkey Day.
Has the stock market been rigged? Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of FLASH BOYS: A WALL STREET REVOLT by Michael Lewis on Monday, December 8th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
Retail shopping on Thanksgiving is not cool. Eat turkey. Watch football. Have a glass of wine. Hug your family. Or fight with them. Either way don’t go to the mall. And maybe encourage others to stay away too! #savethanksgiving #boycottmacys #boycottblackthursday #StopBlackThursday