In the guest chair:
Kasey Gartner and Samantha Holowka, Financial Advisers with Northwestern Mutual joined Dana in studio to talk risk management at all different stages of your business including startup, growth and transition.
The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company is a U.S. financial services mutual organization based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Its products include life insurance, long-term care insurance, disability insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and employee benefit services. Northwestern Mutual also provides consultation on asset and income protection, personal needs, investments, financial planning, estate planning, trusts, business needs, retirement, and employee benefits.
In the headlines:
- It looks like we now know who the new owners of the Atlanta Hawks are. Though the team is not officially commenting, the Atlanta Business Chronicle is reporting that the deal has gone through with a group led by billionaire co-founder Tony Ressler. The group includes former NBA All-Star Grant Hill, Sara Blakely, the founder of Spanx Inc., Jesse Itzler, co-founder of Marquis Jet and Steven Starker, a co-founder of BTIG LLC.
- The cost to use the I-85 HOT lane hit an all time high earlier this week, topping out at $11 bucks. Ridonkulous. Next time just tune into The Dana Barrett Show and chill out in the free lanes.
- Atlanta based Popeyes is getting some bad press right now over the behavior of one of it’s franchisees in Texas. A pregnant shift manager was robbed at gunpoint and then allegedly given a choice by her boss to give back the money she forked over to the criminal or lose her job. There is another side to the story. But it’s pretty weak. What is wrong with people?
- And in the best news story EVUH— Atlanta Rapper Waka Flocka Flame is running for President. The details of this story are amazing. You gotta love a guy who stands for what he believes in.
- If YOU want to become a TV host, there is a great bootcamp being held here in town this weekend, April 25th and 26th. Marki Costello, host of The Drama Queen on E!, granddaughter of Lou Costello and Hollywood Agent will host the training. There are still a couple of spots left: becomeahost.com.
Help us #NameThePenguin! Send in your suggestions via Twitter @DanaHBarrett and @biz1190. We’ll announce the winning name on TOMORROW in celebration of World Penguin Day (Saturday, April 25). Want to know the story? Listen here: http://bit.ly/1C2EAlc.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.