In the Guest Chair:
The one and only Peggy Still Johnson, Executive Director at Callanwolde joined us in studio during hour one to talk about an Atlanta holiday tradition. Peggy shared the history of Callanwolde, and the mission as a non-profit organization to preserve, restore, and develop the Callanwolde Estate and to be a premier public participatory arts and cultural center. Christmas at Callanwolde has been going on for 40 years now, but this year they are upping the game with an all new lights display throughout the grounds.
The Christmas at Callanwolde light show runs from November 21 – December 29, 2016 and the Designer Show House is from November 28 – December 13, 2016!
Atlanta actress (and attorney!) Laura Lundy Wheale joined Dana to talk about her first major movie role. Laura landed the role of Billy’s sister Patty Lynn in Ang Lee’s newest film “Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk” which filmed here in Atlanta. She shared her journey, dished on what it was like to work with Ang Lee and talked about the cutting edge technology used in the film.
The movie opened last week in New York and LA and opens in Atlanta this weekend! Fun side note – Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk is also Dana’s first speaking role in a major motion picture. Look for her in the press conference scene playing Reporter #4!
Brian Miller, Region President for Sprint joined Dana in studio for hour 2 today to talk about a new program for small and medium size business (SMBs).
The program, called Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) allows SMBs to get out of the business of being a telecommunications carrier and back to being focused on their actual businesses. The idea is a take on Software-as-a-Service and allows companies to get phones in their employees hands with no capital expenditure and a fixed monthly price per seat.
In the Local Headlines:
- Spa Sydell closing three metro Atlanta locations
- Atlanta mayoral candidates slam Kasim Reed for ‘giveaways’ on stadium deals
- Ludacris opens restaurant at Hartsfield-Jackson in Atlanta
- John Lewis says he cried after winning National Book Award
- UPS to get big incentives for Atlanta hub, mostly part-time jobs
In the National Headlines:
- Twitter suspends alt-right accounts
- Chevrolet Bolt named Motor Trend Car of the Year
- Wells Fargo customer account openings plunge 44%
- Valeant scandal: 2 pharmacy execs arrested for fraud
- Denver approves first-in-the-nation law allowing pot use in bars, restaurants
Work Hard/Play Hard:
- Macy’s Great Tree Lighting
- Tree Lighting @ Atlantic Station
- Puglanta Pugfest 2016
- Wake Up Santa! @ The Georgia Aquarium
- Holidays at Centennial Olympic Park
- Black Friday Bar Crawl
- Firelight 2016 @ Sweet Water
For more events happening this weekend, head to AccessAtlanta.com!
For other events and appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .