In the guest chair:
Trudy Davies-Davis, Mrs. Georgia International 2013 and Founder & President of The Image Academy was in-studio today to talk about why image is important in business and things to think about when considering your own image. Trudy, also a breast cancer survivor and advocate also joined me in a conversation about the business of breast cancer and why it’s not as “pretty” as it seems.
Links we mentioned in our breast cancer discussion:
Pink Ribbons, Inc.
The Beautiful Truth: The World’s Simplest Cure for Cancer
In the headlines:
- Uber – known for disrupting the taxi business with their tech savvy car service – has launched courier service in Manhattan.
- Remember the Target data breach not too long ago? Well California lawmakers are looking to pass some legislation that will hold the stores responsible instead of the banks. We talk about it.
- And Über is not the only tech company branching out… Twitter has acquired a company called ‘Cover’ known for their popular context aware lock screen app for Android.
- Fewer flights arrived on time and airlines mishandled more luggage last year, and yet customer complaints declined – we talk about why.
- And, since it is officially Women on Wednesday on the Dana Barrett Show… a big congrats to Maria Contreras-Sweet on her new role as head of the Small Business Administration.