In the guest chair:
Anna Ruth Williams, Founder & CEO or AR|PR joined me to talk about women in tech, women in PR and PR in this new digital world. Lots of great tips!
And she is my new #InstaFriend. The made up word of the day.
I have to say I am only posting this picture of us because I am trying not to be vain. We both look like we had one coffee too many. But it was first thing this morning, so please don’t judge.
Events mentioned on the show:
TiECON Southeast – This Saturday April 26th – 8AM- TiE is a global, not-for-profit organization created for the advancement of entrepreneurship and this Conference is a place to meet and learn from leading serial entrepreneurs, active Angel & Venture Capital investors, corporate executives and global innovators!
TAG Battle of the Bands – Thursday May 1st 6:00 – 9:00PM at Opera. I’ll be emceeing! Should be a fun event.
And in the Headlines:
- Atlanta is looking to sell the 47 year old Civic Center.
- Netflix is increasing it’s subscription prices.
- Stacy Madison, famous for Stacy’s Pita Chips has started a new business. It’s a juice bar. I am still not sure I understand why anyone would pay $8 for juice. Wine, yes. Juice? Not so much.
- And speaking of women owned businesses, Georgia leads the nation in the creation of women-owned firms.
- Anna Ruth and I also got into Barbara Boxer’s “Woman to woman” comment to GM CEO Mary Barra. What do you think? Gender relevant or no?