In the guest chair:
Matt Teague, the Development Director for Walton Communities joined me in the studio today to talk about renting vs buying and the new kinds of finishes and amenities renters are looking for. He also shared Walton’s philosophy on buying and holding property and being invested in Atlanta. He shared some details on the newer properties Walton Westside in West Midtown and the Walton Riverside in Vinings.
Walton is has special communities for seniors and families and we talked about the differences in those communities and what the company has learned catering to these different demographics.
In the headlines:
- The state is thinking about launching a Georgia Film Academy to make sure we have enough qualified people for all the film and TV jobs that are (already here) and coming our way.
- The SEC has ordered the Atlanta based Zhunrize Inc. to stop operations, accusing the multilevel marketing company of being a pyramid scheme.
- A new study shows that Georgia could bring in $73 million in additional tax dollars IF we were to legalize marijuana.
- Harley Davidson has issued a recall on over 100,000 2014 motorcycles.
- And if you’re confused by the major issues of the day – you are not alone. A new poll says that “most Americans say the issues facing the country are getting harder to fathom”.
Join us on the second Monday of every month at 7:30PM for The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club.
Each month we’ll be discussing a different business book over some yummy (complimentary) appetizers at South City Kitchen Vinings. This month’s book is: DELIVERING HAPPINESS by Tony Hsieh – and the meeting is Monday October 13th. Everyone is welcome – but we only have room for 20, so register now!