In the guest chair:
Company Strategist and Inc. Columnist, Eric V. Holtzclaw served as guest host on the show today. Susanna Spiccia, Executive Director with re:imagine/ATL and Gary Liu, Founder and CEO of Giv360 also joined Eric to discuss the ups and downs of running a nonprofit.
re:imagine/ATL is an innovative and relationally-driven organization that empowers youth from all backgrounds to reimagine a flourishing Atlanta through creative technologies, collaboration and sustainable, holistic programs. re:imagine uses a project-based educational approach that combines film and music, storytelling, and entrepreneurship as a means of activating youth to positively impact their community.
Giv360 is a unique platform that revolutionizes traditional fundraising by leveraging existing Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express networks. The Company was formed in 2013 by Gary Liu and the first 18 months focused on architecting and developing a software platform that facilitates fundraising between three main parties; Non-Profit Organizations, Merchants and Consumers.
In the headlines:
- Governor Deal has signed a tax break for Mercedes-Benz.
- A new law requiring background checks for ride sharing services like Uber and Lyft has also been signed.
- Porsche’s U.S. Headquarters Grand Opening is set for today in Atlanta.
- The Art Institute of Atlanta’s Decatur branch is closing.
- The FFA and CNN are teaming up to to test-fly an undisclosed number of small drones.
- An Atlanta Streetcar is out of service indefinitely after hitting a parked florist van.
“What if marketing was less about promotion or coercion and more about reaching out to people and helping them to solve problems?” Bernadette Jiwa answers this question and more in our May book club selection, MARKETING: A LOVE STORY: HOW TO MATTER TO YOUR CUSTOMERS. Join us for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club meeting on Monday, May 11 at South City Kitchen in Vinings. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.