In the guest chair:
We had a full house in studio this morning as Jon Birdsong (CEO at Rivalry), Nancy Palmer (with the Georgia Craft Brewers Guild) and Adam Gajdharsingh (of Social Save) joined Dana to discuss sales coaching, the Beer Jobs Bill and the strange story behind no pants on MARTA.
Rivalry’s software programs provide sales rep documentation, promoting a culture of coaching and communication between employees and management.
The Georgia Craft Brewers Guild represents craft breweries in Georgia; promoting, protecting and furthering craft beer.
Social Save joins us each Friday to dish on events and deals happening in the Atlanta area.
In the headlines:
- Coca-Cola will be eliminating up to 1,800 jobs in the coming months – many here in Atlanta at corporate headquarters.
- MARTA is moving forward on developing the 10 acre area around the Brookhaven/Oglethorpe station. They are meeting with developers January 19th.
- The Punchline Comedy Club is moving. They’ve been at their Sandy Springs location for 33 years and are an Atlanta institution. The new location has not yet been announced, but plans for pop-up shows this summer are in the works. (The only constant thing is change!)
- If you want club level seats at the new Falcon’s stadium, get your wallet out. Private seat licenses, which come with lots of perks including ownership rights of seats through the duration of the stadium lease (30 years plus three, five-year renewal options), will cost you from $10,000 to $45,000 bucks. Seats go on sale January 12th.
- Training for Apple store employees on the new Apple Watch is getting started this month with plans to roll the watch out to stores by late March.
Learn what motivates you, how to work smarter and live better. Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of DRIVE: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink on Monday, January 12th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.