In the guest chair:
Author of The Perfect Plan, Regular Contributor & Leadership Guru, Don Barden joined Dana live in the studio to discuss how decisions are made and how to sell to middle managers.
Don Barden is a senior level behavioral economist and 27 year Wall Street veteran. He is currently the CEO of DDS Financial and his books are published in over 39 county’s around the globe DDS Financial is a business consultation, accounting, and coaching firm. They specialize in dental, medical, and specialty practices.
In the headlines:
- Dana loves having the entertainment biz here in town, but with the good comes the bad. Apparently, about 30 child actors were put into a dangerous situation last week during filming of the third Divergent movie, Allegiant. The good news… the situation was reported and corrected.
- In Atlanta shopping news, Frye Co. (best known for their boots) is set to open next month at Ponce de Leon.
- Speaking of opening, Porsche has officially opened their restaurant at the Porsche Driving Experience.
- The whole “employee vs. contractor” debate in the new sharing economy has seen its first casualty. A company called HomeJoy, which was an Uber for housecleaning, is set to shut down. This is partially because the investment dollars just weren’t coming AND because they were slapped with 4 different lawsuits over the employment issue.
- If at first you don’t succeed, buy, buy again… in other words, if you can’t make your original idea profitable – buy up some other companies. It seems to be working for Yahoo, and now Groupon. They’re getting into the online food ordering biz by buying a GrubHub-type company called OrderUp.
The latest issue of Hub Magazine is now available! The issue focuses on High-Tech Hospitality and features Eric Pearson, IHG CIO on the Cover.
Join us on Monday, August 10th for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Our August selection is Coined by Kabir Sehgal. If you’ve been meaning to read this, now’s your chance! Or, if you’ve read it before, time to refresh! We will meet at American Food & Beverage in Buckhead. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.
Want to work on The Dana Barrett Show on biz 1190? We’ve got a an assistant producer / social media position open! Pass it on – or tweet Dana @DanaHBarrett.