In the guest chair:
Dale DeSena, Founder and President of Taste of Atlanta joined us in the studio to talk about this year’s festival and about food trends in general. She shared the history of the festival and dispelled some of the common myths. (e.g. they don’t have funnel cakes, they DO have lots of parking, and the festival is high end, not crowded and crazy!)
The festival is divided up into the various Atlanta neighborhoods and Dale said her main goal is to get you to try some of the restaurants you’ve heard about and then make a point of trying new and different restaurants throughout the year.
This year’s festival is October 24, 25 & 26th and it takes place by Tech Square in Midtown.
Adam Gajadarsingh from SocialSave.com also joined us for this week’s Work Hard / Play Hard where we talk about all the fun things to do around town over the weekend and upcoming weeks!
In the headlines:
- The Mobility Live Hack-Back Invitational announced its winners earlier this week.
- And speaking of hacking, another chain has had it’s data hacked and our personal information stolen. This time it’s Jimmy John’s. Is nothing sacred?
- Atlanta online small business lender Kabbage is now moving into personal loans.
- Shake Shack is set to open next Tuesday September 30th. Mark your calendars.
- The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra has canceled it’s upcoming shows because of a labor dispute. But wait the locked out musicians are doing some free shows instead.
Join us on the second Monday of every month at 7:30PM for The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club.
Each month we’ll be discussing a different business book over some yummy (complimentary) appetizers at South City Kitchen Vinings. This month’s book is: DELIVERING HAPPINESS by Tony Hsieh – and the meeting is Monday October 13th. Everyone is welcome – but we only have room for 20, so register now!