In the guest chair:
Campus Bubble CEO, Spencer Barkoff joined Dana on the show this morning to talk college, increasing student involvement and some tips he’s learned while growing this new startup. KP Reddy also joined in for a discussion on angel investing and The Combine in Atlanta.
Campus Bubble is a software solution for enhancing University efforts to increase yield in admissions, student retention, and alumni engagement.
The Combine team can help mitigate the complexity and liability of procuring new suppliers, technologies, and services and get you ready for the pitch that closes the deal.
In the headlines:
- Chamblee is getting chic. Developers are close to breaking ground on an 11-acre retail project in Chamblee anchored by a 45,000-square-foot Whole Foods Marketplace. Along with Whole Foods, the new shopping center will feature a blend of retailers that already have a presence in Buckhead and west Midtown including Zoës Kitchen, YEAH! BURGER, Taqueria del Sol and Octane Coffee. Other tenants include Chipotle Mexican Grill and a new concept by Sushi One owners: Tokyo Belly. The center could open by the first quarter of 2017.
- The list of the busiest airports in the world is out. Atlanta is still #1.
- A $40 million boutique hotel is planned along the eastside trail of the Beltline. The 140-room hotel is being planned on an existing parking lot at the Studioplex development. The hotel would front a soon-to-be-paved portion of the Trail that extends from Irwin Street to Edgewood Avenue. It would sit near The Atlanta Stove Works and Krog Street Market.
- And bad news for your wallet. Georgia’s health premiums are going to skyrocket in 2016. According to a list released by the state Department of Insurance, premiums in our state will go up as much as 29 percent next year. Yikes.
- And Apple is set to make some announcements tomorrow. There is a lot of speculation on what will be announced including the long-rumored giant iPad and original programming for Apple TV.
Join us Monday, September 21st for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Get ready to use the power of relationships to connect and help your colleagues, friends, and associates and increase you personal success so that everyone wins! This month’s selection is NEVER EAT ALONE: and other secrets to success, one relationship at a time by Keith Ferrazzi. We will meet at American Food and Beverage in Buckhead. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.