In the Guest Chair:
The Obama Administration awards Georgia with two tech grants, totaling 7.7 million dollars and Georgia Tech is expanding to Cobb county. These stories topping today’s local headlines, and you know what that means: It’s Tech Tuesday here on The Dana Barrett Show!
During the first hour, Dana was joined by Amanda Hendley, COO of TAG and Nancy Whatley, Executive Director of IgniteHQ. Amanda dished on TAG’s Bytes for Bites Competition, while Nancy discussed IgniteHQ’s partnership with KSU.
In the Local Headlines:
- Atlanta lands North American HQ for GE’s IT business
- Georgia Tech expanding in Cobb County
- The Obama administration has given a tech grant to Atlanta
- Atlanta submits streetcar plans ahead of schedule as shutdown looms
- Coolray owner moves HQ to Cobb County
- Former Food Network star to open Atlanta-area steakhouse
In the National Headlines:
- U.K. loses perfect AAA credit rating after Brexit
- Volkswagen Agrees to Pay $14.7 Billion to Settle Diesel Scandal Claims in the U.S.
- Twitter has invested in music streaming service SoundCloud
- Say Goodbye to the Annual Pay Raise?
- Was Lumber Liquidiators’ Reputation Ruined for Nothing
- Chipotle starts Summer Rewards Program
For other events and appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .