In the guest chair:
ATG Learning’s Marketing Manager, Kristi Yover talked tech with Dana on the show today, detailing why IT certifications are important and how they can enhance your career.
ATG Learning provides training and testing to equip employees and help companies retain the best in the information technology industry.
In the headlines:
- Both Atlanta and Chicago claim to be the “busiest airport” in the world. Depending on what you’re counting, they could both be right.
- Underground Atlanta’s new site developers would consider a music venue. Do you think it’s a good idea?
- Anthem says thieves are targeting customers here in Georgia following the data breach. Both calls and emails full of tomfoolery are out there, so don’t click anything suspect or answer any personal questions on the phone.
- TAG is seeking applicants for their 6th annual TAG SSA Impact Awards. Each year the SSA (Southeastern Software Association) Impact Awards recognizes companies and their teams who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in bringing new technology solutions to the market in 5 different categories.
- Tech Crunch held it’s annual award bash in Silicon Valley last week and apparently it was a total train wreck. It was hosted by T.J. Miller, the star of HBO’s original show ‘Silicon Valley’… apparently he was so bad he was banned from ever hosting again.
- Twitter CEO, Dick Costolo says the trolling that happens on Twitter is not okay. He says he’s ashamed at the companies handling of trolls to date and intends to do better.
- Valentine’s Day is NOT the day for matchmaking sites and apps. Apparently business is slow around and on the “day of love.” But the sites are all fighting back with specials and events. Dana’s take? Let it go!
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.