In the guest chair:
T.E.N., a national technology and security executive networking organization, facilitates peer-to-peer relationships between top executives, industry visionaries and solutions providers. Nominated for numerous industry awards, T.E.N.’s executive leadership programs enable information exchange, collaboration and decision-making. Its flagship program, the nationally-acclaimed Information Security Executive® (ISE®) of the Year Program Series and Awards, is North America’s largest leadership recognition and networking program for security professionals.
Tote is your fiend with a truck. They want to put an end to renting trucks, paying over priced store delivery fees, and begging a friend to let you borrow their truck. They bring one person, one pickup truck and a few moving supplies like moving blankets and tie down straps. Tote has been in operation for four months in the Buckhead, Brookhaven, Sandy Springs, Dunwoody and Roswell area.
In the headlines:
- Yesterday, Comcast unveiled pricing for their 2-gig service and announced that they are boosting internet speeds for their customers for free. The 2 gig service is offered at $299, with a promo price right now of $159.
- A group of major companies has created a new employer-led coalition called the 100,000 Opportunities Initiative. The goal of the group is to hire 100,000 young, minority employees by 2018. Companies in the initiative include Starbucks, CVS, Hilton and Microsoft along with a host of others.
- Today’s dumb criminal story: A Georgia woman has landed in jail after embezzling $500,000 from her former employer, a company called Bec-Don, Inc.
- Atlanta company Moe’s Southwest Grill is expanding in Texas and moving into Phoenix. Welcome to Moe’s!
- If you missed it, in some tech news…Former Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata has passed away. Under Iwata Nintendo introduced Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wii and began the process of moving the 126-year-old company to mobile. But as a flood of tributes posted on Twitter to #ThankYouIwata prove, it’s his personality that will most be missed.
Join us on August 10th for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Our August selection is Coined by Kabir Sehgal. If you’ve been meaning to read this, now’s your chance! Or, if you’ve read it before, time to refresh! We will meet at American Food & Beverage in Buckhead. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.
Want to work on The Dana Barrett Show on biz 1190? We’ve got a an assistant producer / social media position open! Pass it on – or tweet Dana @DanaHBarrett.