In the guest chair:
Kurt Heinrich and Nate Kristy joined Dana in the studio today to talk about their Atlanta startup, eCommHub, the future of eCommerce and dropshipping.
eCommHub automates the eCommerce order cycle, helping with inventory management, order routing and shipment tracking.
In the headlines:
- Atlanta may the third location nationally for the Crayola Experience, a retail store and attraction that blends shopping with creative activities that aim to entertain kids and families.
- OK Cafe in Buckhead suffered a fire this past Sunday and is now closed as a result.
- The son of the famed Johnny of Johnny’s Hideaway is opening a new tavern in Buckhead later this month.
- Atlanta Startup, SoftWear has secured $3 million in funding from CTW Venture Partners.
- Facebook Co-Founder Chris Hughes is not making friends with his new venture. Not too long ago, he used his earnings from the Facebook IPO to buy the 100 year old journal of politics and culture, The New Republic. Alas, after hearing what his plans for the journal are, nearly 30 senior editors and contributing editors turned in their resignations.
- Yahoo’s Marissa Meyer seems to be doing something other than just acquiring companies. A new report shows the tech giant is poised to surpass Twitter next year to become the third-biggest company in U.S. mobile advertising.
- No tech business should ever get too comfortable; both Spotify and Uber are going to be facing some new challengers in 2015. AsterRide and Mad Genius Radio are two new competitors worth watching.
Learn what motivates you, how to work smarter and live better. Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of DRIVE: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink on Monday, January 12th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.