In hour one, Joe Conway the CEO of stable|kernel joined us to talk about the 2017 Future of Technology Survey. We discussed how worried techies are that computers will take their jobs (not very) and how likely it was that techies thought computers would take other peoples jobs (pretty likely!). We also talked Google Glass for business and the future of augmented reality.
Tech Tuesday continued in hour two with digital marketing guru Adam Walker, the CEO of Sideways8. We discussed using video (either super high end – or super relaxed selfie version – not middle of the road), and who should be doing a podcast! The key to all – authenticity!
In the local headlines:
- Georgia cancels registration of more than 591,500 voters ( http://bit.ly/2vZnCdp )
- Atlanta high schoolers win global entrepreneurship competition ( http://bit.ly/2vZzbRS )
- Go for launch: Rocket receives approval for Georgia’s first commercial spaceport ( http://bit.ly/2vZov5z )
- CNN Digital #1 in June with 105M Unique Multiplatform Visitors ( http://bit.ly/2vZqBCu )
In the national headlines:
- Scaramucci Removed as White House Communications Director at Kelly’s Urging ( http://on.wsj.com/2uOJqKj )
- Cable Tie-Up Unites Parents of HGTV and Animal Planet ( http://on.wsj.com/2uOKtcV )
- GM Hires Jeep Hackers as Detroit Battles Silicon Valley for Tech Talent ( http://on.wsj.com/2uOQW7J )
- HBO Says Programming Stolen in Cyberattack ( http://on.wsj.com/2uORdYj )
- Chicago’s soda tax to go into effect after clearing legal hurdle ( http://cnnmon.ie/2uOT7Ir )