In the guest chair:
Scott Schnell, CEO and Co-Founder of MedZed joined us to chat about house calls in the digital age. Instead wasting hours in the ER, parents can now schedule in-house pediatric nurse visits by making a simple phone call. While at your home, the MedZed pediatrician will be looped in via video chat to assist with a diagnosis and treatment plan. After the visit, MedZed will update your regular pediatrician and prescriptions will be called in if necessary.
Scott and the team wanted to help alleviate the inconvenience of having to sit in the urgent care waiting room with a sick child and that’s exactly what they did with MedZed.
In the headlines:
- Rio Bravo is planning a come back. The well known Atlanta restaurant brand hit the scene 30 years ago, but finally closed in 2004 after changing hands a couple of times.
- Roam, a successful entrepreneurial incubator currently in Alpharetta and Dunwoody is expanding with new spaces in Buckhead and Cobb.
- Pizza Hut is making big changes and trying to stay relevant. Expect changes on everything from the menu, to the logo, to the uniforms.
- Good news, the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and its musicians have finally reached a deal in their labor dispute that will allow the fall season to begin later this week.
- President Obama is getting into the net neutrality debate siding with the internet activists who are fighting the cable lobby for an “open internet”. This is an interesting case both politically and economically.
Also, Happy Veterans Day to all those who have served and are still serving our country. Today, let us serve you! Click here for a list of places offering discounts to our nation’s veterans.
Has the stock market been rigged? Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of FLASH BOYS: A WALL STREET REVOLT by Michael Lewis on Monday, December 8th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/
Retail shopping on Thanksgiving is not cool. Eat turkey. Watch football. Have a glass of wine. Hug your family. Or fight with them. Either way don’t go to the mall. And maybe encourage others to stay away too! #savethanksgiving #boycottmacys #boycottblackthursday #StopBlackThursday