In the guest chair:
Joe Conway, founder of stable/kernel joined Dana live in studio to discuss mobile apps (and how they can increase productivity), customers and culture.
Stable/kernel develops mobile apps for both Apple and Android devices, aids in mobile strategy and planning and also handles other web services.
In the headlines:
- Our Atlanta airport is moving forward on the mixed-use development we’ve talked about previously on the show. The so-called “Airport City” will incorporate a hotel, office space and “travel plaza” (which Dana think’s is code for gas station/convenience store). The powers that be have invited companies interested in working on the project to pre-qualify, starting today at 2PM.
- The landmark King and Queen towers in Sandy Springs are now up for sale as part of the entire Concourse Corporate Center which the owners hope will sell for close to $500 million.
- GM showed off a new electric vehicle at the recent Detroit Auto Show. They say it will be able to go 200 miles on a single charge and their plan is to make it affordable for the masses.
- The Apple Watch, set to be released in March is getting good reviews.
- CNN has been cleared by the FAA to test drones for reporting.
- The “hactivist group” Anonymous has declared a war on terror in response to the Charlie Hebdo attack, blocking a known french terror group’s website AND releasing the Twitter handles of a group of people they say are jihadists.
Turn your passion into profit and learn the Starbucks standards to producing excellent products and keeping employees satisfied. Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of POUR YOUR HEART INTO IT: How Starbucks Built a Company One Cup at a Time by Howard Schultz on Monday, February 9th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.