In the guest chair:
NCR’s Director of Business Development, Reggie Kimble and Tricia Whitlock, Editor for Hypepotamus were live in studio to chat with Dana on the benefits of mobile POS systems for small businesses and how to change up your branding.
NCR provides point-of-sale and marketing systems for small and medium businesses.
Hypepotamus is an Atlanta tech community resource providing news, events and job listings available in the industry. Click here to enter Hypepotamus’ 2015 Startup Survival Kit prize package giveaway (which includes $21K worth of video, logo, headshots and more PLUS an interview on The Dana Barrett Show on biz 1190 WAFS).
In the headlines:
- JK Rowling is taking her crime dramas (written under a pseudonym) to TV.
- As expected, several of the lawsuits pending against Home Depot regarding the data breach have been consolidated.
- Mayor Reed was in Rome, Italy over the weekend at the Nobel Laureate Summit to make an official invitation to the 2015 Summit of Nobel Peace Prize Laureates from Nov. 15 to Nov. 19 at the Georgia World Congress Center.
- Spelman College has suspended a program funded by Bill Cosby and his wife, Camilla because of all the allegations against him in the media.
- Google is spending actual money to research the use of color in business. Proof that when you make too much money you just find dumb things to spend it on.
- Even more fallout from last week’s Sony hack. But TV creator, Aaron Sorkin had some harsh words for the media over the whole thing. (And Dana thinks he has a point).
Learn what motivates you, how to work smarter and live better. Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of DRIVE: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink on Monday, January 12th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.