In the Guest Chair:
Regina Weir and Dosa Kim, Co-Founders of preParti, joined us in studio during hour one of the show! The brother/sister duo explained how their app is putting a spin on event planning. The app uses 3D technology to help users better envision their event space, making the planning process much easier.
During hour two, Kathryn Petralia, Co-Founder & COO of Kabbage was in studio! Kathryn explained that Kabbage, which was founded in 2009, empowers small businesses through access to capital. She also dished on the company’s culture and women in tech.
In the Local Headlines:
- Georgia to explore Medicaid changes after GOP health plan’s implosion
- Lawmakers scaling back bills as General Assembly nears adjournment
- Uber to use new technology for Braves games at SunTrust Park
- Fintech giant TSYS plants office in Midtown’s One Atlantic Center
- Jeffrey C. Sprecher Inducted into the Technology Hall of Fame of Georgia
In the National Headlines:
- Uber’s self-driving cars are back on the road after Arizona accident
- Nordstrom is the latest department store to turn to a startup to court millennial shoppers
- “Innovative” IBM Kills Working from Home
- Facebook Wants to Help You Be a Better Citizen
- Amazon Delays Opening of Cashierless Store to Work Out Kinks
- Elon Musk launches Neuralink, a venture to merge the human brain with AI
For Other Events and Appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .