In hour one, Vincent Martinez, the Founder of Fashionado joined us for a recap of Jeffrey Fashion Cares and a discussion of the intersection between fashion and tech.
Next up, the one and only Wendy Williams, media mogul, entrepreneur and Emmy® nominated talk show host, joined us to talk about the launch of Wendy Digital! In hour two, Andy Alderson, the CEO of Vanarama joined us to talk about their entrance into the US market.
In the local headlines:
- City of Atlanta and Georgia Institute of Technology Announce Expanded Research Partnership for Smart City Initiatives ( http://bit.ly/2xssqbJ )
- Long time coming: MLK statue unveiled at Georgia Capitol ( http://bit.ly/2xsvrZA)
- Memphis theater bans ‘Gone With The Wind’ ( http://bit.ly/2xsefU8 )
- Atlanta airport still working on ride-share fixes ( http://bit.ly/2xslv2g )
In the national headlines:
- Amazon Cuts Whole Foods Prices as Much as 43% on First Day (https://bloom.bg/2xsfyCN )
- Uber Selects Expedia CEO Dara Khosrowshahi to Lead Company ( http://on.wsj.com/2xs0ODH )
- Backlash results after Uber teams up with Girls Who Code ( http://cnnmon.ie/2xsnsfq )
- Susan Fowler fought harassment at Uber. Now she’s fighting arbitration deals ( http://cnnmon.ie/2xs4ZQ5 )
- Apple to Hold Product Launch Event on Sept. 12 ( http://on.wsj.com/2xspa07 )
- Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan’s second baby makes her debut ( http://cnnmon.ie/2xs2YmO )
- Ding-Dong! Best Buy and Amazon Bring Back the Traveling Salesman ( http://on.wsj.com/2xsMhaY )