In the guest chair:
President & General Manager of NCR Small Business, Chris Poelma and Owner of Happy Belly Curbside Kitchen, Dawn Hall joined Dana live in studio to discuss running small businesses and making healthy, local food into festival fun.
Voted “One of the Top 10 Healthiest Food Trucks, Happy Belly is the next evolution of food trucks offering fresh, wholesome ingredients with great service.
From store to sidewalk, NCR Silver™ drives small business. This cloud-based point-of-sale system, powered by NCR Small Business, runs on mobile Apple® devices and other tablets. For more information on this complete business management platform, visit www.NCRSilver.com.
In the headlines:
- A couple of weeks ago, Dana mentioned a co-working company called WeWork that had jumped from a $5 billion valuation to a $10 billion valuation… well now, WeWork is planning to open in Atlanta and they are targeting Buckhead.
- The Atlanta MLS team finally, officially announced their new name and showcased their new logo. Of course we already knew the name, because keeping a secret in this day and age is basically not doable. Alas, they are Atlanta United FC and the logo is pretty cool looking.
- There are two new grocery stores in the Atlanta metro:
- The Fresh Market has opened a store in what used to be called Loehmann’s Plaza at the corner of North Druid Hills and Briarcliff. That shopping center has been renamed Brighten Park.
- A store called Earth Fare has opened it’s 4th Georgia location… this one at Emory Point… near Emory University and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Microsoft is cutting 7,800 jobs as it continues to struggle to participate in the mobile phone world.
- The movie biz could be changing as Paramount Pictures has struck a deal with 2 major cinema chains that would allow them to make movies available for home viewing just two weeks after they leave most theaters. Right now, the rule is 90 days after cinema release (regardless of how long they are in theaters). The movie companies think that this longer window encourages pirating and illegal downloading.
Join us on July 13th for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Our July selection is The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer. If you’ve been meaning to read this, now’s your chance! Or, if you’ve read it before, time to refresh! We will meet at South City Kitchen Vinings. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.