In the guest chair:
Russ Belin, Vice President of Broadway in Atlanta, joined us on today’s show to talk about their upcoming season and how he sees art and culture in Atlanta. He highlighted several upcoming shows, including Phantom of the Opera (which opens next week), Newsies, and Motown and talked about balancing old blockbuster shows that everyone knows with new and exciting concepts. Russ also shared his views on the growth of Midtown and Downtown and talked about the importance of corporate support.
Adam G. from SocialSave.com was also with us for the Work Hard / Play Hard segment. Adam shares his top picks for upcoming fun events in Metro Atlanta such as festivals, restaurants deals, sporting events and outdoor activities.
In the headlines:
- A Georgia court has ruled that parents can be held liable for their children’s Facebook posts.
- Update: The city has now officially requested proposals for the re-development of the Civic Center site.
- The Georgia DOT is expanding it’s shoulder lanes flex program for northbound lanes of GA 400 during afternoon rush hour.
- The city of Suwanee has been recognized by Google as national leader in e-commerce. Who woulda thunk?
- Extra screening for Ebola started yesterday at Atlanta’s Hartsfield Jackson International Airport.
- Apple had another big announcement day yesterday that no one really paid attention to.