In the Guest Chair:
Happy Fourth of July weekend!
Who doesn’t love a good firework show?! Rick Lambright, Event Producer at East Coast Pyrotechnics and mastermind behind the Legendary Lenox Square fireworks joined us in studio during hour one. Rick explained just how much time, work, and effort goes into making this 16 minute long firework show one of the best in town.
During hour two, former University of Oxford Professor, John Rowett, joined us in studio to talk Brexit and Atlanta/Cape Town Partnership.
In the Local Headlines:
- Stolen Sweetwater beer found, but every bottle will be destroyed
- Good News for the Streetcar: The GDOT has backed off threats to shut it down
- Atlanta construction costs have increased almost 4 percent since last year — the highest % increase in the nation.
- SunTrust Park parking restricted near Cobb County stadium
- California based Pizza chain Pieology opens first Georgia location
- Walmart heirs give $250 million to aid charter schools in Atlanta, 16 more cities
In the National Headlines:
- Apple granted patent that would disable video capturing at concerts
- Mega Millions’ $415 million jackpot is third largest ever
- Facebook, a News Giant That Would Rather Show Us Baby Pictures
- I Love EU: This Dating App Aims to Connect Brexit ‘Remain’ Voters
- Film Academy Broadens Voting Pool After Oscars Criticism
- The top 17 startups to launch so far in 2016 from BusinessInsider.com
Work Hard/Play Hard:
- Park Tavern: Beer. Cheese. Soccer.
- Yoga on Tap & Yoga in the Park
- First Friday at Shops of Buckhead
- Georgia Aquarium: Red, White & Brew
- Peachtree Road Race
- Fireworks- Various Locations in Atlanta
For other events and appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .