In the guest chair:
Executive Founding Director of the Center for Puppetry Arts, Vincent Anthony joined Dana live in studio to talk about the Center’s backstory, Jim Henson, and the Museum expansion that opens officially on November 14th.
The Center for Puppetry Arts is a unique cultural treasure – a magical place where children and adults are educated, enlightened and entertained. Since 1978, the Center has introduced millions of visitors to the wonder and art of puppetry and has touched the lives of many through enchanting performances, curriculum-based workshops and the hands-on Museum, as well as Distance Learning and Outreach Programs.
In the headlines:
- It’s officially official… NCR has signed their deal to move their headquarters to Midtown. They’ve signed a 15 year lease for space in a brand new building being built by Cousins Properties at 8th and Spring. They’re moving from Gwinnett.
- A new entertainment venue has been announced for the mixed use area outside of the new Braves ballpark. Standing room capacity for 4,000. The interesting part… they’re calling it The Roxy as a nod to the long time iconic theater that was once in Buckhead.
- Delta can giveth and Delta can taketh away. This time they’ve taken a few more perks away from frequent fliers who are not happy about it.
- A ridonkulous petition has been sent to the Georgia State House. Signers don’t want to remove the confederate memorial from the face of Stone Mountain… instead, they want to add the likenesses of Outkast’s Antwan “Big Boi” and Andre 3000 and a Cadillac. As of this morning, the petition has 7,556 signatures.
- The head of Film LA says Georgia will never pass LA in terms of film and television production. Whatever dude. We love a challenge. It’s on.
Join us on August 10th for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Our August selection is Coined by Kabir Sehgal. If you’ve been meaning to read this, now’s your chance! Or, if you’ve read it before, time to refresh! We will meet at American Food & Beverage in Buckhead. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.
Want to work on The Dana Barrett Show on biz 1190? We’ve got a an assistant producer / social media position open! Pass it on – or tweet Dana @DanaHBarrett.