In the guest chair:
Jessica Dauler, Founder and Creator of JessicaShops.com joined Dana live this morning to discuss living well for less in Atlanta and how to turn your website into a valuable source.
JessicaShops.com is a lifestyle website, helping busy Atlantans navigate their way around the city and find deals on the things they love or need.
In the headlines:
- It is officially Georgia Telework Week, so says Governor Nathan Deal. Did you know about it? Is your company participating?
- Ever wonder what happens to those fancy doodle, HGTV giveaway homes after the giveaway? Well, the recent Atlanta “Urban Oasis” home at the Mandarin Oriental is now on the market… if you have 1.7 mill, you could be the proud owner!
- Manuel’s Tavern, the iconic Atlanta bar where journalists and politicians are said to hangout has been sold. Sort of. The building has been sold but owner, Brian Maloof says not to worry, he will still own Manuel’s Tavern and though it will be renovated, they are staying true to the bar you’ve come to know and love.
- Would $5/day be enough to motivate you to do anything? The Mayor of Austell is hoping so. He’s planning to play Austell city employees $5 per day for each day that they work out. Ridonklulous.
- If you prefer taking in calories instead of burning them off, KFC has got you covered. They are test marketing a new edible coffee cup in the UK. Not kidding.
Get the inside scoop on Amazon and how founder, Jeff Bezos took the online company from bookseller to a store with limitless selection. Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of THE EVERYTHING STORE: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon by Brad Stone on Monday, March 9th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.