In the guest chair:
North Pole CEO, Head Toy Maker and Christmas present expert, Santa Claus joined us to discuss corporate culture, elf work ethic and what it takes to deliver all those gifts in one day!
Phipps Plaza is one of Santa’s favorite spots in Atlanta. Dewayne Herbert, Mall Manager also stopped in to chat about holiday shopping and new additions to the mall this season.
Finally, Social Save‘s Adam Gajdharsingh filled us in on holiday events happening in Atlanta (including places to ice skate!).
In the headlines:
- A favorite Midtown restaurant, the Cypress Street Pint & Plate has taken 3rd place at the World Food Championships in the Burger Division. (They were the winners of last year’s Atlanta based Battle of the Burgers which qualified them to compete!).
- The Feds have charged an Atlanta debt collection company with allegedly scamming more than 6,000 victims out of more than $4.1 million.
- The high drama that is Cobb County and the new Braves stadium just went from intriguing-chat-worthy-news to straight up soap opera… a day before The Cobb Board of Ethics was scheduled to hold a hearing over Cobb County Chairman Tim Lee’s handling of the negotiations with the Braves, one member of the committee stepped down and then Cobb Chamber of Commerce Chairman and Lee’s attorney, Ben Mathis filed a motion requesting that Angeline Mathis, his ex-wife, recuse herself. Weird. But juicy.
- 11 Georgia companies have scored a perfect 100 percent in the 2015 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), an annual report assessing LGBT inclusion in major companies and law firms across the nation.
- Georgia comes in #2 for the most Thanksgiving cooking fires, according to State Farm. Oops.
Has the stock market been rigged? Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of FLASH BOYS: A WALL STREET REVOLT by Michael Lewis on Monday, December 8th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
Retail shopping on Thanksgiving is not cool. Eat turkey. Watch football. Have a glass of wine. Hug your family. Or fight with them. Either way don’t go to the mall. And maybe encourage others to stay away too! #savethanksgiving #boycottmacys #boycottblackthursday #StopBlackThursday