In the guest chair:
The Fifth Group’s Jon Barkell and Allison Williams joined us in the studio to talk about planning your company’s holiday party. Jon is the General Manager of Alma Cocina in downtown Atlanta and Allison handles private dining sales for the restaurant group.
The two shared some tricks of the trade in terms of picking the right location and menu and handling things like employees who drink too much. They also talked about the different kinds of options there are for different sized companies and the trend towards parties that keep everyone up and circulating vs. sitting down for a plated full course dinner.
Of note: It’s not too late to get something booked for you company! But get moving or you may not get the date or place you really want!
In the headlines:
- Coca Cola has revised it’s excessive executive compensation plan after criticism from Warren Buffet and others.
- A new $140 million dollar hotel and water park are being planned for Jasper, Georgia.
- The Atlanta Streetcar system did it’s first test of the system running totally on it’s own power last night.
- Do you like to make stuff? Well Maker Faire Atlanta is this weekend and it has moved from GA Tech to Decatur. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Oct. 4; noon-5 p.m. Oct. 5. Free, but tickets required; go to makerfaireatl.com/ for tickets; free parking available.
- US Labor Secretary Thomas Perez issued a final rule on Wednesday raising the minimum wage for employees of federal contractors to $10.10 an hour.
Join us on the second Monday of every month at 7:30PM for The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club.
Each month we’ll be discussing a different business book over some yummy (complimentary) appetizers at South City Kitchen Vinings. This month’s book is: DELIVERING HAPPINESS by Tony Hsieh – and the meeting is Monday October 13th. Everyone is welcome – but we only have room for 20, so register now!