In the guest chair:
The owner of Orangetheory Fitness in Roswell, Cindy Hirsch, joined us in the studio today to talk all things fitness.
Orangetheory Fitness is a one-of-a-kind, group personal training workout broken into intervals of cardiovascular and strength training. Backed by the science of excess post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC), Orangetheory’s heart-rate-monitored training is designed to maintain a target zone that stimulates metabolism and increases energy.
Cindy’s background is in the healthcare profession, as a doctor of audiology.
“You’ll actually be be burning calories 24-36 hours after your workout.”-Cindy Hirsch
“As a franchise owner, you need to know what you’re expected to spend and what you will actually spend.”-Cindy Hirsch
In the headlines:
- CVS has quit the tobacco habit earlier than planned, dropping ciggies from the items they sell and re-branding the company as CVS Health
- Under Armour’s stock rose based on the sheer fact that they made a deal with supermodel Giselle Bundchen to represent the brand.
- Atlanta hotel rates are up AND we are the 11th most popular destination for domestic travelers.
- Ever wonder if we make anything here? (Besides good food, good software and Coke products?) Well, we do. Metro Atlanta’s export number have hit a record $18.8 billion.
- And speaking of things we make, Chick-fil-A is among the top brands with loyal Facebook followers.
- Join us on the second Monday of every month at 7:30PM for The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club. Each month we’ll be discussing a different business book over some yummy (complimentary) appetizers at South City Kitchen Vinings. This month’s book is: ESSENTIALISM: THE DISCIPLINED PURSUIT OF LESS by Greg McKeown – and the meeting is Monday September 8th. Everyone is welcome – but we only have room for 20, so register now!