In the guest chair:
Managing Director of Progressive Medical Center and Regular Contributor, Dr. Gez Agolli joined Dana live in studio to discuss medical billing and how to maintain a healthy nutrient balance.
Offering state of the art integrative medicine, Progressive Medical Center partners with patients, offering options that are customized for the patient using natural and traditional medicine.
In the headlines:
- Donald Trump’s personal financial disclosure form was publicly released yesterday… and he does have a few Atlanta investments. Investments in Home Depot, Coca-Cola and Georgia Power were all on the list to the tune of a couple hundred thousand each…
- The Georgia Dome scored big yesterday on the men’s Gold Cup semifinal game… it sold out! Atlanta is now officially a soccer town.
- Atlanta is on the list of 9 finalists for a $30 million HUD grant which would go towards revitalizing portions of west Atlanta, including Vine City, Ashview Heights and the Atlanta University Center neighborhood if we get it.
- Amazon is expanding it’s Home Services offering to 11 new metro areas including Atlanta. Think Uber for handyman services brought to you by Amazon. Look out Angie’s List, HomeAdvisor, Thumbtack and all the rest. Always interesting to see what happens to the “little guys” when a huge player like Amazon gets into the space.
- The software company PatientCo is expanding in Buckhead… adding up to 100 jobs in the Terminus building at Peachtree and Piedmont. They sell software that makes it easier for patients to understand and pay for their health care expenses, so they are likely to pay their health care providers faster. Their CEO says “The primary reason health care providers don’t get paid on time is patients don’t understand what they’re paying for”.
The latest issue of Hub Magazine is now available! The issue focuses on High-Tech Hospitality and features Eric Pearson, IHG CIO on the Cover.
Join us on Monday, August 10th for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Our August selection is Coined by Kabir Sehgal. If you’ve been meaning to read this, now’s your chance! Or, if you’ve read it before, time to refresh! We will meet at American Food & Beverage in Buckhead. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.
Want to work on The Dana Barrett Show on biz 1190? We’ve got a an assistant producer / social media position open! Pass it on – or tweet Dana @DanaHBarrett.