In the Guest Chair:
Okeeba Jubalo, Artist and Creative Director for NobleSol Art Group joined us in studio during hour one of today’s show. Okeeba currently has an exhibit at the Westside Cultural Arts Center entitled “The Dirty Dozen: Jim Crow Fantasies.” He explained the inspiration behind the exhibit and the importance of educating visitors of the exhibit and creating conversations that are rarely discussed in social venues.
During hour two Robin Loudermilk, President and CEO of Loudermilk Companies, LLC joined us in studio. Robin explained the shift in Buckhead’s atmosphere and how current residents are looking for an eat, live, play community. The Loudermilk Companies alone are re-developing Buckhead Village with projects like The Charles, 359 E. Paces, 371 E. Paces, 309 E. Paces and The Buckhead Theatre retail strip.
In the Local Headlines:
- Atlanta ranked as one of worst large cities for building wealth
- Underground Atlanta talks continue despite missed sale deadline
- Comcast Announces New App Feature Allows Customers to Keep Track of Xfinity Techs
- Clark Atlanta University Launches Encrypted eDiplomas to Fight Counterfeit Credentials
- Tax breaks that help Delta, others, move through the Georgia House
- IBM and The Weather Company Unveil World’s First Mobile Weather Alerting Platform for Underserved Populations in Emerging Markets
In the National Headlines:
- Snap Tries to Jump-Start Spectacles’ Sales as Novelty Fades
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ book canceled by Simon & Schuster
- Uber CEO launches ‘urgent investigation’ and sends company-wide memo after former engineer alleges sexual harassment
- Traffic Costs U.S. Drivers $1,200 a Year
- Federal Agency Begins Inquiry Into Auto Lenders’ Use of GPS Tracking
For Other Events and Appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .