In the guest chair:
FranNet offers franchise consulting services, helping entrepreneurs make sound business decisions and guiding them towards business ownership.
In the headlines:
- JC Penney, apparently now going just by ‘Penney’ is closing 40 of their stores, including 3 here in Georgia.
- Georgia State University is now planning to merge with Georgia Perimeter College – setting it up to be the largest university in the state and one of the largest in the country with close to 54,000 students.
- The C. Wonder stores, owned by Tory Burch’s ex-husband and former business partner (seen by many as a “revenge” play) have officially gone out of business. All stores have now closed.
- Demolition and redevelopment of the former GM plant at 285 and Peachtree Industrial is beginning to speed up following a demolition ribbon cutting last week and pictures of what they are now calling a “city within a city” have been released. Dana’s thoughts? Pretty impressive.
- Buckhead is still aiming for some green space and walkability. To that end, an opening celebration ceremony took place on January 9th for the first phase of PATH400, a walking path that goes from some random spot in Buckhead to some other random spot. (Seriously, Dana Googled the path and couldn’t find the most important detail of this story… where it is!!)
Learn what motivates you, how to work smarter and live better. Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of DRIVE: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink TONIGHT (Jan. 12) at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.