In the Guest Chair:
Who let the Dawgs out?! The UGA Dawgs that is. This morning, Dana had the pleasure of hosting Jennifer Frum, Vice President for Public Service & Outreach at UGA and Kirk Kealey, Director of Food Product Innovation & Commercialization Center at UGA. Jennifer and Kirk were in to discuss UGA’s Faculty Tour and economic development across the state.
During the second hour of the show, Jon Wright, CEO and President of Access Point Financial, Inc. joined us in studio and Dilip Petigara, COO of the company phoned in! Jon and Dilip explained that APF is a direct full-service lending and advisory firm focused on the hospitality industry. Congratulations to Access Point Financial for being ranked 17th on the prestigious Inc. 500 listing of America’s fastest-growing private companies!
In the Local Headlines:
- American Cut, Regent Cocktail Club to open at The Shops Buckhead Atlanta
- Alabama is so broke it may start a state lottery
- Roswell scores 10-gig fiber network from Comcast
- Cox Enterprises founder’s great-grandson named COO
In the National Headlines:
- Whole Foods still suffering one year after price scandal
- House OKs bag-fee refunds, more airport security in FAA bill
- Facebook crushes earnings — again
- Convention ratings: Democrats beat Republicans, and cable tops broadcast
- This 3D Printer Can Detect Infectious Diseases
Work Hard/Play Hard:
- Downtown Restaurant Week
- Braves Alumni Weekend
- Concerts in the Garden at Atlanta Botanical Gardens
- Gwen Stefani & Eve Concert
- Zombie Pub Crawl
For other events and appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .