In the guest chair:
Managing Director at Progressive Medical Center and regular contributor, Dr. Gez Agolli joined Dana to discuss uninsured Gig economy workers and how those little sugary drinks are affecting your health in a big way.
With locations in Georgia and Texas, Progressive Medical Centers combine both conventional and holistic forms of medicine to treat the root cause of their patients’ health issues, ranging from autism to headaches.
In the headlines:
- The Gig economy is on the rise… a new study says a third of US workers identify as freelancers, independent contractors, small business owners, temps and moonlighters. We wonder if that changes what the unemployment numbers mean and if they’ll find a new way to look at all that?
- The crowd-sourced mapping app Waze is partnering with Johns Creek to help them get the word out about road closures or emergencies that affect traffic and to get word back on traffic patterns and problem areas that they can possibly address.
- Another Georgia personality will be on Dancing with the Stars. We announced last week that “fallen from grace” Savannah foodie, Paula Deen will be on the show… and now joining her from closer to home is Kim Zolciak…a star of Bravo’s “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” and wife of Atlanta Falcon, Kroy Biermann.
- Six Flags Over Georgia is adding a whole bunch of new attractions for the 2016 season. 12 new rides and the world’s largest water slide.
- And Tom Brady’s suspension was overturned by a judge and that’s good for business. The Patriot ticket prices for the first four games went up dramatically on the news.
Join us Monday, September 21st for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Get ready to use the power of relationships to connect and help your colleagues, friends, and associates and increase you personal success so that everyone wins! This month’s selection is NEVER EAT ALONE: and other secrets to success, one relationship at a time by Keith Ferrazzi. We will meet at American Food and Beverage in Buckhead. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.