Jessica Dauler , the owner of JessicaShops.com joined Dana for a look at all the deals around Atlanta for Valentine’s Day
Russ Belin, the VP of Broadway in Atlanta gave away a fab gift package and talked about the upcoming season.
And Brian Sodl, the Director of Consulting Services for Navigator Management Partners joined Dana for a preview of the evenings book club discussion! The February pick for The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club is Start with Why by Simon Sinek.
- Mortgage lender HSBC has reached a $470 million joint state-federal settlement to address abuses in mortgage origination, servicing, and foreclosures.
- The University of Georgia announced a new study that aims to find ways to reduce the stigma surrounding concussions in football and other sports.
- First Murder Kroger gets a glamorous mixed-use makeover. Now it’s Disco Kroger’s turn.
- Of note – who knew how many Kroger’s had funny nicknames. Not me! But here’s a list: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=znt5un7Ld0Zc.kJKXvQtdCdVg&hl=en_US
- Looks like the City of Atlanta and the State of Georgia could be going to head to head over a sustainability issue.
- It’s all about the Super Bowl commercials this morning. Which were your favorites?
- Yahoo has finally puts up a ‘For Sale’ sign on it’s core business… sort of.
- The CEO of Credit Suisse Group asked his board to slash his bonus, after the Swiss bank posted quarterly results that sent its share price tumbling lower. Really dude? If your company doesn’t make money – how ’bout no bonus?