In the guest chair:
the Regional Development & Services Director for the Arthritis Foundation in Georgia, and Vanessa Hamler,
Arthritis Foundation Atlanta Honoree joined me to talk about how Arthritis can affect people, what the Arthritis Foundation is doing to help, and about their upcoming Walk to Cure Arthritis, May 3rd, 2014.
Vanessa shared her personal story of pain, diagnosis and treatment and talked about learning that there is no cure for Rheumatoid Arthritis and that her only options are to manage her condition. She also talked about feeling alone going through the process until she discovered the Arthritis Foundation and was able to connect to others dealing with the same issues.
And on the phone:
Meghan Barbosa, the Brand Manager for BIC Shavers called in to talk about their big event this weekend. BIC® Razors is teaming up with the Atlanta Tough Mudder event, which is a grueling 10-to-12 mile adventure obstacle course (originally designed for special ops to complete), to raise awareness and support for the Wounded Warrior Project.
In the headlines:
- A couple of restaurant stories for you – Roast Beef, Chicken and Pizza are all on our headline menu. (That’s Arby’s, Bantam + Biddy, and Sarpino’s Pizza)
- The IRS is also in the news of late for some shady behavior. Is it really that bad?
- Mayor Reed is playing a bit of hard ball with the Braves. I really like him more and more with each passing news story. Seriously, he is cool dude.
- And while we’re on politics, Governor Deal signed a somewhat controversial bill yesterday.
- And the airport creating some new incentives to bring even more business to its runways.