Maria Goldsholl, COO of Mom Corps joined me via phone today to talk about National Military Spouse Appreciation Day this Friday May 9th and the difficulty military spouses often have finding work. She noted that often military spouses end up under-employed because of the relocations they have to deal with. She also mentioned that many of these spouses are afraid to let potential employers know that they are military spouses because they fear discrimination. Mom Corps has teamed with partners like Verizon and La Quinta Inns to provide Mom YOU scholarships to 20 military spouses.
In the headlines:
- The 30% Club comes to U.S. to boost female leadership at corporations. We’ll tell you what that’s all about.
- Beauty Noted – a crowdsourcing platform that recommends beauty products announced a new CEO and $2.2 million in new funding.
- Atlanta Airport is adding Passport Kiosks – we’ll explain how that will work.
- Delta’s baggage fee revenue dipped a bit in 2013. Wait ’til you hear how much they make on that obnoxious charge!
- And in other big company news, Target CEO, Gregg Steinhafel is out – and at the moment no one set to take his place!