In the guest chair:
Owner and CEO of ST!R Marketing and Regular Contributor, Margaret Lisi joined Dana live in studio to discuss collaboration, communication across genders, and women in leadership.
ST!R Marketing is made up of storytellers with the experience and expertise to tell your tales in ways that motivate, excite and engage. With more than 60 years’ combined experience across all areas of communication, they can help their clients talk with their clients and employees, generating levels of trust and empathy that set them apart from their competitors. They are accomplished at managing change within companies; all communications tools including written & video comms, training design & execution and event management. Yes, they are the whole spicy, fashionably-presented enchilada.
In the headlines:
- Amazon is celebrating it’s 20th birthday on July 15th with a big sale. But only for Prime Members. Not clear yet what will be on sale or for how much, but they are in heavy promotion mode and are saying it will be a better sale than Black Friday.
- A Florida tax collector wants to seize the giant ferris wheel that currently resides in downtown Atlanta. She says back taxes are owed from when the wheel was there. Atlanta says it’s just sour grapes and re-election posturing.
- The Atlanta Fed may re-think having future events at Stone Mountain – due to the whole confederate flag thing.
- Ben Affleck will be shooting a movie in town starting next week. It’s called “Live by Night” and also stars Zoe Saldana, Sienna Miller and Elle Fanning.
- The now female led American Apparel is about to cut around $30 million in costs to try to save the company. Underperforming stores will close, layoffs will ensue, etc.
- Ellen Pao in the headlines again. This time for her role as interim CEO at Reddit where members of the community are signing petitions to have her ousted.
Join us on July 13th for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Our July selection is The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer. If you’ve been meaning to read this, now’s your chance! Or, if you’ve read it before, time to refresh! We will meet at South City Kitchen Vinings. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.