In the guest chair:
President and Chief Sales Officer at LASSO, Angela Alea joined Dana live in studio to talk about niches, growth and automating workforce management.
LASSO is the first workforce management solution engineered for the Events & Creative services industry. Their software platform automates and integrates the entire process from finding and communicating with your talent, analyzing their availability, tracking their hours, evaluating performance and getting them paid. LASSO gives you the necessary data about your talent and upcoming event to accurately predict costs and ensure you’re making the best decision on how to execute your events.
In the headlines:
- Citibank has been ordered to pay its customers back to the tune of $700 million dollars.
- Yesterday Dana mentioned that the Smithsonian has taken to Kickstarter to fund some interesting projects, like restoring Neil Armstrong’s space suit, but she didn’t get a chance to really talk about it….So, would you contribute? So far $136,829 pledged toward the $500,000 goal. (28 days left.)
- It’s official, part of Spring Street has now been renamed to Ted Turner Drive.
- Lots of companies are moving to metro Atlanta. The best one yet… the Harlem Globetrotters… they’re moving HQ to Peachtree Corners.
- A tech company we featured on the show appears to be struggling according the Business Chronicle. HubLogix, formerly eCommHub, had their investors pull out. Apparently they’ve reduced staff from 25 down to 7 and ousted the CEO.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods is targeting women (and apparently trying to compete with Lululemon, and Athleta) by launching what they’re calling women’s lifestyle boutiques… two stores are set to open this month… none in Atlanta yet.
The latest issue of Hub Magazine is now available! The issue focuses on High-Tech Hospitality and features Eric Pearson, IHG CIO on the Cover.
Join us on Monday, August 10th for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Our August selection is Coined by Kabir Sehgal. If you’ve been meaning to read this, now’s your chance! Or, if you’ve read it before, time to refresh! We will meet at American Food & Beverage in Buckhead. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.
Want to work on The Dana Barrett Show on biz 1190? We’ve got a an assistant producer / social media position open! Pass it on – or tweet Dana @DanaHBarrett.