In the guest chair:
Dr. Norma Mraz, Doctor and Owner of Mraz Audiology Consulting joined me in the studio for Women on Wednesday. Dr. Mraz talked about the importance of protecting your hearing and shared some of the coolest new technology in the space. Did you know that they now have hearing aids with Bluetooth so you can talk on the phone or listen to music right through your hearing aids. Pretty freakin’ cool.
We also shared another great interview from SouthWiRED. This one with Darrah Brustein, the Founder of Equitable Payments. She talked about some of the trends in the payment processing world like Apple Pay and Bitcoin.
In the headlines:
- Tesla Motors is coming to Buckhead in just a few weeks, and the Decatur location which we thought might open yesterday appears to have been pushed back a bit.
- The FAA is suing Southwest Airlines over plane repairs and a fine it refuses to pay.
- The fancy 191 Peachtree Building downtown might have some new ownership in the near future, or at least a new partner.
- The Atlanta City Council has delayed a vote on an ordinance establishing a new permitting process for murals painted on private property
- And there is a new global Gender Gap report has been published by the World Economic Forum. The US comes in at #20. That’s pretty bad.
Wanna know why we do the things we do? Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of THE POWER OF HABIT by Charles Duhigg on Monday November 10th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/
Retail shopping on Thanksgiving is not cool. Eat turkey. Watch football. Have a glass of wine. Hug your family. Or fight with them. Either way don’t go to the mall. And maybe encourage others to stay away too! #savethanksgiving #boycottmacys #boycottblackthursday #StopBlackThursday