Join The Dana Barrett Show Book Club! Our first meeting will be August 4th at South City Kitchen Vinings and our first book pick is THE AGE OF CONTEXT by Robert Scoble and Shel Israel. Click here for more information: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/
In the guest chair:
License Partner & Broker, Shirley Gary, from Engel and Völkers Buckhead joined us in the studio today to talk about real estate in Atlanta and the upcoming launch of the new Engel and Völkers Real Estate shop in the Buckhead Atlanta development.
Gary has been in real estate and new construction sales management throughout metro Atlanta for more than 20 years with companies such as Pulte Homes, DR Horton Homes, Sharon McSwain Homes and Paul Thomas Homes.
Since its beginning in 1977 in Hamburg, Germany, Engel and Völkers, has become one of the world’s leading companies specializing in the sale and lease of premium residential and commercial property and yachts.
“It’s more about a luxury service than it is about a price tag.”-Shirley Gary
“As the newer generation has come into Atlanta it has become more and more of a walking city.”-Shirley Gary
“Today the world is the size of a marble and it is due to the ability to connect.”-Shirley Gary
“Every customer should feel exclusive and that they are getting the best service possible. That shouldn’t be driven by price.”-Shirley Gary
“Now we are seeing apartment buildings springing up all over the place. Not seeing very many condos.”-Dana Barrett
“My crystal ball broke in 2007. It hasn’t recovered since.”-Shirley Gary
“One thing that’s platformed in Atlanta is that we want to attract international buyers and international markets.”-Shirley Gary
“The wealthiest of all women in technology is the CEO of HP, Meg Whitman.”-Dana Barrett
In the headlines:
- The FCC is extending the deadline for the public to make comments on the Net Neutrality issue due to um… a slow website!
- Atlanta company Aarons is closing 44 stores that are underperforming.
- Restaurateurs are using their own kind of incubators to test out new concepts.
- McGill University in Montreal is spending $19million over 13 years to resolve gender pay gap issues.
- Trendy Tory Burch is getting into the wearable tech business creating some branded (and actually pretty) Fitbit gear
- And wanna know who the wealthiest women in technology are?