In the guest chair:
CEO of Salesfusion, Carol O’Kelley joined Dana live in studio to talk about gender diversity in tech and taking advantage of career opportunities. Vice President of Tribridge, Holly Grogan also called in to discuss women in business and teamwork.
Salesfusion’s mission is to help marketers attract new opportunities, convert them into customers and nurture them into lifetime relationships. Salesfusion stands out among cloud-based marketing automation vendors for its superior lead nurture and engagement marketing capabilities. Salesfusion provides an out-of-the-box unparalleled integration between its Marketing Automation Platform and Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Infor CRM, Sugar, Salesforce, and Sage.
Founded in 1998, Tribridge is a technology services firm specializing in business applications and cloud solutions. They help mid-market and enterprise customers solve their business challenges through strategic consulting services, innovative offerings and industry-specific solutions built on the latest technologies.
In the headlines:
- Could Buford Highway become something shiny and new? Developer Macauley + Schmidt is planning a $150 million project with a mix of apartments, senior housing, stores and a hotel that they say will mark the largest investment along Buford Highway in decades.
- Cinnabon won’t just be for your sweet tooth anymore. They are going to start offering some savory options. One savory option: A pig in the blanket. Seriously? That’s the best they could do?
- Speaking of weird food, Atlanta startup Chuice has landed $500,000 in seed funding. Launched in 2011, Chuice is a hybrid beverage made from 30 fruits and vegetables, six types of seeds and three types of nuts. Unlike many similar products, it also has nine grams of fiber and a bit of protein. It’s chewable because chewing is essential to jump-start the digestion process.
- A group of media companies, including Atlanta based Cox Media have joined together to launch NewsOne – a live streaming local news service. The free, advertising-supported NewsON service will be delivered through apps that will let users watch live and on-demand newscasts from their local markets or from any of the 112 participating news stations in 84 viewing markets across the country.
- Cobb Commissioners support putting a proposed Bus Rapid Transit project on the ballot. The line, if approved by voters, could run from Kennesaw State University all the way down to MARTA’s Arts Center Station.
- Another update on the Ellen Pao vs. Kleiner Perkins gender discrimination case.
- Monica Lewinsky MacKenzie Bezos’ anti-bullying organization Bystander Revolution. Bezos, who is married to Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, launched the Seattle nonprofit last year to provide peer-to-peer advice on techniques to deal with bullying.
Join us on July 13th for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Our July selection is The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer. If you’ve been meaning to read this, now’s your chance! Or, if you’ve read it before, time to refresh! We will meet at South City Kitchen Vinings. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
It’s prize giveaway week on The Dana Barrett Show! Tune in every day this week to win Braves tickets, gift cards and more. Listen for Dana’s announcement and call 404-995-7300 to win.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.