In the guest chair:
North Plains‘ CMO, Liz Sophia McClellan, The Event Shoppe founder and JCI Foundation Director of Partnerships, Dianne Kaseta, and LPGA legend, Rosie Jones joined Dana live in studio to discuss women in tech, branding, and upcoming events for young female professionals.
North Plains is recognized as the world leader in helping companies effectively leverage their visual media including images, graphics, videos, presentations and 3D designs to maximize market success. Providing a complete array of products, services and solutions, North Plains is uniquely positioned to help corporate marketers, global brand managers, advertisers, content creators and publishers to be more agile throughout the creative marketing lifecycle, from the creative development process to the management and distribution of marketing and brand communications.
The vision of the JCI Foundation is to help young women achieve greatness in their lives through thought leadership, positive mentorship, and education, enabling them to build a lifetime of fulfillment. Their mission is to develop creative programming that educates, inspires, and nurtures young women to become leaders both personally and professionally. Current programming is targeting two segments: female collegians (including but not limited to athletes); and young professional women (2-5 years in the workplace). Go to their website to register for the Judson Women’s Leadership Conference, taking place on June 24th.
Rosie Jones Golf develops golf events, corporate outings, charitable events, golf schools, golf vacations, and speaking engagements. Rosie Jones Golf Getaways is a golf vacation company focused on bringing exciting golf experiences and destinations to groups of passionate golfers ready to travel. Hosted by Rosie Jones.
In the headlines:
- The Atlanta Hawks (lost game 4), have new owners AND have trademarked a new logo. Boo. Dana liked the old one.
- Comcast wasn’t able to buy Time Warner Cable, but it looks like Charter will. Charter is the nation’s No. 4 cable company and TWC (NYSE: TWC) is No. 2. Both are significant players in metro Atlanta.
- Home prices were up in March of this year based on the just released S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Index. Average home prices in the region during March were up 0.8 percent during the month and were 5.4 percent above the average prices a year ago, but prices leveled out as the critical spring buying season got underway.
- Madison Reed is looking to revolutionize hair color. Dana doesn’t think they’ve got this yet.
- Sara Blakely is #91 on Forbes “100 most powerful women for 2015” list. The world’s most powerful woman is German Chancellor Angela Merkel. #2 is Hilary Clinton.
- United Airlines made a big statement in support of women last week. They took delivery of a new Boeing 737-900 ER narrow body aircraft at Boeing Field in Seattle with a full complement of women in the cockpit — a female captain Kim Noakes and her first officer Jan Lumbrazo. The flight marked the first time United has taken delivery of a new plane using an all-female cockpit crew. In addition, the plane had an all-female flight attendant crew, and every seat was filled by women who work for United Airlines in other capacities.
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos has a new right hand woman. But she has a dumb title. Tech Advisor to the CEO. Can’t she have a title of her own? Like Chief Tech Advisor. Just sayin’.
Join us on June 8th for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Our June selection is GOOD TO GREAT by Jim Collins. If you’ve been meaning to read this for years, now’s your chance! Or, if you read it years ago, time to refresh! Location TBD. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.