In the guest chair:
Guest host, Eric V. Holtzclaw was joined in studio this morning by LAN Systems CEO, Mary Hester to talk IT and how to be the best in your industry.
Technology will make you a better, more profitable company! Used to its best advantage, technology will make you more efficient, productive and prosperous. The team at LAN Systems knows how to implement and support the modern office with technology that fuels your growth. LAN Systems offers Managed IT Services, Support, Network Installation, Microsoft Licensing and Cloud Solutions.
In the headlines:
- Accenture has entered into an agreement to acquire Atlanta-based, Cloud Sherpas.
- Georgia Tech is seeking $100,000 from Atlanta to conduct a feasibility study for a project that would transform the 11-acre Technology Enterprise Park into a $500 million mixed-use industry focused hub.
- And a new Casino could be the next big project for Atlanta.
- Venture Atlanta has revealed their 2015 slate of companies (tune in tomorrow, Venture Atlanta will be on the show!).
- Hewlett-Packard outlined plans to cut another 25,000 to 30,000 workers as it prepares to split into two separate businesses, but the company signaled it was finally nearing the end of a brutal period of layoffs.
- Ahead of tonight’s GOP presidential debate, campaigns are embracing a new service being offered by Twitter to raise political cash, particularly small donations.
- And, Facebook plans a ‘Dislike’ Button, but Zuckerberg says it’s only for empathy.
Join us Monday, September 21st for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Get ready to use the power of relationships to connect and help your colleagues, friends, and associates and increase you personal success so that everyone wins! This month’s selection is NEVER EAT ALONE: and other secrets to success, one relationship at a time by Keith Ferrazzi. We will meet at American Food and Beverage in Buckhead. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.