In the guest chair:
Lara Lyn Carter joined Dana live in studio today to discuss Southern cooking, TV and her career. Lara Lyn Carter is the Owner of Progressive Southern Foods, Host of Thyme for Sharingwith Lara Lyn Carter on GPB, and has a line of her very own sauces, Wicker and Whisk, which launched in June 2015.
Wicker & Whisk was created on a breezy Sunday evening, with Lara Lyn Carter’s family around the table and dinner in the oven. The idea? To bring bold new flavors to classic dishes. The line launched in June 2015, will be available in grocery stores and specialty food stores, and will include staples such as Merlot Steak Sauce, Port Wine Mustard, and Homegrown Herb Dressing.
In the headlines:
- A group called the Coastal Georgia Film Alliance is working to lure film and TV productions away from Atlanta and over to the Georgia coast.
- In another one of Atlanta’s worst kept secrets, The Related Group has finally made official it’s plans to build a tower at the corner of 14th Street and West Peachtree which will be anchored by a fancy new urban style Whole Foods Market.
- There is talk about the new development at the old Doraville GM Plant being THE place to tie Gwinnett county to MARTA. Gwinnett county is not commenting. They should.
- Scoutmob is relocating it’s offices and people over to the westside. They’re moving into the Strongbox West co-working space over there along with some other noteworthy companies like Hux and Partpic.
- The Vampire Diaries will begin filming Season 7 here in Atlanta if you’re a fan. Fun fact: Dana was an extra on the show in Season 3.
- Oh Ellen Pao. Now she’s out at Reddit. But the company’s former CEO blasts co-founder in her defense.
- Harper Lee is an amazing woman. The author of To Kill a Mockingbird is very possibly one of the most celebrated authors of all time. And she only ever published one book. Until now. At 89, her new book Go Set a Watchman hit shelves this week. Her publisher, Amazon and bookstores everywhere are thanking her. Sales are through the roof. The critics, though, are not so sure.
Join us on August 10th for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Our August selection is Coined by Kabir Sehgal. If you’ve been meaning to read this, now’s your chance! Or, if you’ve read it before, time to refresh! We will meet at American Food & Beverage in Buckhead. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.
Want to work on The Dana Barrett Show on biz 1190? We’ve got a an assistant producer / social media position open! Pass it on – or tweet Dana @DanaHBarrett.