In the guest chair:
Christa Allen, Associate Vice President, Consumer Branding & Events at Simon, joined us on today’s show to discuss LOOKBOOK Live. LOOKBOOK Live offers an insider’s scoop on the hottest trends for each season via personal styling sessions, beauty how-tos, styling challenges and giveaways. Their upcoming event will take place Saturday, October 25 from 1-6 p.m at Lenox Square.
Tracey Pearson, Founder and CEO of Prissy Tomboy, also joined us today to discuss the lifestyle brand that promotes athleticism and a place for girls to feel empowered, recognized, and supported through sports. This Saturday, October 25th is the first-ever Prissy Tomboy Adventure Challenge Camp Day, which will be held at the Georgia Tech Leadership Course.
In the headlines:
- Metro Atlanta comes in at #4 on the most charitable large metro areas list, according The Chronicle of Philanthropy.
- Coca-Cola stock has dropped as 2014 earnings expectations lowered.
- Legoland might just have an opening for your dream job. Master Model Builder!
- Atlanta-based lighting company Acuity Brands will create 700 jobs over the next five years in metro Atlanta
- Construction is underway on a $100 million residential and retail community in Midtown Atlanta.
- And, fun fact, Georgia is not just about peaches. We’re also the blueberry state. In fact, we lead the nation in blueberry production, and have surpassed the long-time berry leader, Michigan.
Retail shopping on Thanksgiving is not cool. Eat turkey. Watch football. Have a glass of wine. Hug your family. Or fight with them. Either way don’t go to the mall. And maybe encourage others to stay away too! #savethanksgiving #boycottmacys #boycottblackthursday #StopBlackThursday
Wanna know why we do the things we do? Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of THE POWER OF HABIT by Charles Duhigg on Monday November 10th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/